Saturday, November 24, 2012

I got nominated!

Hey, y'all, I'm back! I hope everyone had a blessed Thanksgiving! After a not so great day yesterday, this and a sweet note I got in the mail have made today a whole lot better! Thank you to Brittany over at UNDERpaid and OVERblessed for nominating me! How cute is her blog name?! Please be sure to visit her blog and show her some love. :)

A Liebster Blog award is given by bloggers to new bloggers that have less than 200 followers. It is to show new bloggers that they are appreciated and to help spread the word about new blogs. Terrific, right?



So, here are the rules: 

- You must post 11 random things about yourself.
- Answer the questions the nominator has set for you.
- Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
- Choose 11 blogs you love (with 200 followers or less) and link them in your post.
- No Tag back (But please leave me a comment on this post with the URL to your Liebster post so I can learn more about you).

11 Random things about me:

1. I ♥ cheese. 
2. Ellen DeGeneres follows me on Twitter! :D
3. I am fluent in Spanish and parlo poco l'italiano.
4. I love Country music and want to move to Nashville. (I don't sing, I just want to live there).
5. I have a Bachelor's degree in Bilingual Education and a Master's degree in Reading.
6. I really enjoy playing SongPop. (Do you play? Username: BrenBren_13) ;) 
7. I am very good at charades. Like really good. 
8. I love to cook and bake. And eat . Hehe
9. I. Am. Addicted. To. Pinterest. 
10.  I know the lyrics to every Backstreet Boys song ever recorded. 
11. I love cloudy, rainy days.


Questions asked by Brittany:

1. How did you get started with blogging?

Pinterest was the wardrobe I entered to find this wonderful world of blogging. I blog stalked for a few months until I was sure I understood at least 75% of all this blog stuff. Then I dove right in! 

2. Where did you go to college?

I attended Sul Ross State University here in Texas. 

3. What is your go-to dish for pot-luck parties?

It's always a dessert. People really enjoy my chocolate cherry bundt cake.

4. If you weren't a teacher, what would you be?

If I wasn't a teacher I'd be a Paleontologist. I ♥ dinosaurs! Did you know Jurassic Park is coming out in 3D next year? I am excited!!

5. What advice would you give a new teacher?

 I'm not teaching yet, but one thing I've learned from observing my teacher friends is don't let it consume your life. Teaching is our passion and we love what we do but we all know our work days don't end when the bell rings. I think it's important to have time for you and your family. Take a break and rest. I think it's what's best not only for you but for your students as well.

6. Cats or dogs?

Both. I love animals. 

7. Perfect Vacation destination?

I would love to visit Greece. 

8. Guilty pleasure TV show? 

The Vampire Diaries. Two words: Damon Salvatore. ♥ 

9. Biggest student pet peeve?

It really bugs me when students get up in the middle of a lesson or a read aloud to throw trash away. That is something that will NOT be done in my classroom.

10. Favorite holiday?

My favorite holiday is Christmas.

11. Favorite sports team? 

I don't really watch sports. :O I'll watch here and there so I can't say I have a favorite.

Questions for my nominees:

1. What lead you to decide you wanted to be an educator? 
2. What is your all time favorite book? (Children's books don't count! lol)
3. What is your current ringtone?
4. How did you come up with your blog name?
5. If you could time travel to any place or time, where would you go?
6. You have the chance to appear on your favorite show, currently on air or past, what show would I see you on?
7. What is your favorite childhood memory?
8. Who is your celebrity crush?
9. If you could only listen to one song for the rest of your life, which would it be?
10. Where do you live?
11. I'm hoping to get a full-time teaching job soon, got any advice?

Can I answer my own questions?

And the nominees are...


This was so much fun! Thanks again, Brittany! I am so happy I get to be a part of this amazing community of educators. Thanks for being so welcoming!

I'm off to fill my TpT cart! 



6 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the nomination!! I went ahead and added your questions to my post. Here it is:
    http://curiousfirsties.blogspot.com/2012/11/liebster-blog.html

    BTW--I love the background on your blog!

    Em

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for nominating me!

    Check out my post here: http://joyinthejournney.blogspot.com/2012/11/liebster-award.html

    ~Jessica
    Joy in the Journey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the nomination! Check out my post!
    http://keepingupink.blogspot.com/
    Lindsey
    Keeping Up In Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Bren for the nomination! Here is the link for my post and answers! Leibster Awards

    Thanks again!
    Becca
    First Grade in Foxwell Forest

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONTACT:(wizardcyprushacker@gmail.com) We are best when it comes to hacking our services include: 1. School Grades Change 2. Drivers License 3. Hack email 4.
    Database hack 5. Facebook, Whatsapp 6. Hack Call Logs, 7. Retrieve messages, deleted data and recovery of messages, bitcoins hack and recovery lost funds
    on cell phone 8. Crediting , Money Transfer and other various activies 9. Sales of Dumps, Dead drops and fresh CC We
    also sell high grades techs and hacking chips and gadgets if you are interested in Spying on anyone. We sell software,
    apps for hacking service. Your security is 100% guarantee and we have testimonies all around the world.We get your job done without any disappointment.
    Interested parties can reach us at (wizardcyprushacker@gmail.com) whatsapp +1 (424) 209-7204

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments! I read and respond to each one, either here or by email! :)

Pin It button on image hover