A Liebster Blog award is given by bloggers to new bloggers that have less than 200 followers. It is to show new bloggers that they are appreciated and to help spread the word about new blogs. Terrific, right?
So, here are the rules:
- You must post 11 random things about yourself.
- Answer the questions the nominator has set for you.
- Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
- Choose 11 blogs you love (with 200 followers or less) and link them in your post.
- No Tag back (But please leave me a comment on this post with the URL to your Liebster post so I can learn more about you).
11 Random things about me:
1. I ♥ cheese.
2. Ellen DeGeneres follows me on Twitter! :D
3. I am fluent in Spanish and parlo poco l'italiano.
4. I love Country music and want to move to Nashville. (I don't sing, I just want to live there).
5. I have a Bachelor's degree in Bilingual Education and a Master's degree in Reading.
6. I really enjoy playing SongPop. (Do you play? Username: BrenBren_13) ;)
7. I am very good at charades. Like really good.
8. I love to cook and bake. And eat . Hehe
9. I. Am. Addicted. To. Pinterest.
10. I know the lyrics to every Backstreet Boys song ever recorded.
11. I love cloudy, rainy days.
Questions asked by Brittany:
1. How did you get started with blogging?
Pinterest was the wardrobe I entered to find this wonderful world of blogging. I blog stalked for a few months until I was sure I understood at least 75% of all this blog stuff. Then I dove right in!
2. Where did you go to college?
I attended Sul Ross State University here in Texas.
3. What is your go-to dish for pot-luck parties?
It's always a dessert. People really enjoy my chocolate cherry bundt cake.
4. If you weren't a teacher, what would you be?
If I wasn't a teacher I'd be a Paleontologist. I ♥ dinosaurs! Did you know Jurassic Park is coming out in 3D next year? I am excited!!
5. What advice would you give a new teacher?
I'm not teaching yet, but one thing I've learned from observing my teacher friends is don't let it consume your life. Teaching is our passion and we love what we do but we all know our work days don't end when the bell rings. I think it's important to have time for you and your family. Take a break and rest. I think it's what's best not only for you but for your students as well.
6. Cats or dogs?
Both. I love animals.
7. Perfect Vacation destination?
I would love to visit Greece.
8. Guilty pleasure TV show?
The Vampire Diaries. Two words: Damon Salvatore. ♥
9. Biggest student pet peeve?
It really bugs me when students get up in the middle of a lesson or a read aloud to throw trash away. That is something that will NOT be done in my classroom.
10. Favorite holiday?
My favorite holiday is Christmas.
11. Favorite sports team?
I don't really watch sports. :O I'll watch here and there so I can't say I have a favorite.
Questions for my nominees:
1. What lead you to decide you wanted to be an educator?
2. What is your all time favorite book? (Children's books don't count! lol)
3. What is your current ringtone?
4. How did you come up with your blog name?
5. If you could time travel to any place or time, where would you go?
6. You have the chance to appear on your favorite show, currently on air or past, what show would I see you on?
7. What is your favorite childhood memory?
8. Who is your celebrity crush?
9. If you could only listen to one song for the rest of your life, which would it be?
10. Where do you live?
11. I'm hoping to get a full-time teaching job soon, got any advice?
Can I answer my own questions?
And the nominees are...
This was so much fun! Thanks again, Brittany! I am so happy I get to be a part of this amazing community of educators. Thanks for being so welcoming!
I'm off to fill my TpT cart!
I'm off to fill my TpT cart!